Kebbi Poly Sets Up Committee Over HND 1 Student Electrocution In Hostel
A 24-year-old HND 1 Laboratory Science and Technology Student of the Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi, Khalid Kabir Argungu was reported to have been electrocuted in his hostel room in the evening of Tuesday while preparing his meal.
Confirming the incident to newsmen in his office, on Wednesday, the Rector of the Polytechnic, Arch. Muhammad Sani Aliyu explained that the incident took place in the evening and the deceased was rushed to the Institution’s clinic. When the medical personnel at the clinic realized his case was serious, they rushed him to a hospital in the metropolis where he was pronounced dead.
The Rector in a sober mood explained that when the parents of the students, who had visited the hotel and affirmed that the incident was an electrical accident came to the hospital, informed of their son d*ath, requested for his corpse to be conveyed to Argungu his home town by ambulance for Islamic burial right.
“We have set up a committee to investigate and unravel the circumstances surrounding the death of the student. And by the time the committee completes its investigation, we shall know what to do to stop the reoccurrences of such incident through their recommendations,” he said.